In addition to other nations, Canada also uses an electronic passport for Canadian citizens. The e-passport is similar to that of the Canadian passport can be described as a book of 36 pages with a data chip. It is a basic document which can be used to identify the traveler.
When you travel to another country as an Canadian resident, you need to have your passport with you to prove your identity. Prior to being permitted to enter a country you have to show your passport, which is scanned to confirm your identity.
In the Global Passport Index by Montreal-based financial company Arton Capital, the Canadian passport is ranked 10th most desirable around the globe. With the Canadian passport, you’ll be able to visit more than 114 countries with needing a visa.
What are the advantages of having the benefit of having a Canadian passport?
- Help you identify yourself and decrease the risk of identity theft.
- A Canadian passport can be utilized to verify Canadian citizens wherever around the globe.
- An e-Passport can be used to identify the country of origin of a person as well as the country that a traveler is from, as well as the country they’re going to.
- Protection of your privacy enhanced
- Facilitate access and exit checks using automatic passport scanners.
The requirements and documents required to apply for an Canadian Passport
- Evidence of Canadian citizenship
- A valid document that proves your identity
- Two passport photographs that are the same
- A valid and current Canadian travel document issued under your own name.
- The application form must be has been signed in the past 12 months and then certified by the Guarantor.
- Additional documents might need to be submitted (Such as a language test score) in original copies and documents that are that are not either English or French must be presented along with a translation.
How To Apply For Your Personal Canadian Passport
- To apply for an Canadian passport, You must be at least 16 years old, and be a Canadian citizen. Parents or guardians can apply for passports for their children. Here are a few steps to follow when applying
- Download or obtain the application form from IRCC official website or the Passport offices directly.
- Complete the application correctly and sign each page the application form.
- Attach all the documents that are necessary to the form, notably two passport photos that are identical.
- You should get a guarantor along with two references to aid in proving your identity.
The person who is your guarantor could be:
- Anyone who has been in contact with you for at least two years;
- It is required to have a Canadian citizen of 18 or older;
- Must be able to present at least a valid Canadian passport or at a minimum, an original passport that hasn’t expired for longer than a year.
- Make sure you submit an application at the proper Passport bureau or online portal and pay the necessary fees.
- Take out your new passport.